I came across this amazing book tag whilst scouring the internet for fun things to post about, and this one caught my eye. It’s a book tag created by Chapter Chicks.
The Ultimate Book Tag
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I don’t, I can read in pretty much any mode of transportation.
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I would have to say Jennifer L. Armentrout. The way she writes just draws me in for not only the amazing stories and characters she creates, but because of how she writes them. I love it.
- Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. Hands down!
1) Just the magic!
2) I adore Luna Lovegood.
3) Come on, who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts?!
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I don’t own a book bag of sorts, but I own many large bags that can fit many books inside. Especially the ones I use for University. I can fit papaerbacks and hardbacks in that one!
- Do you smell your books?
I don’t physically stick my nose between the pages, but I love the smell of new books!
- Books with or without little illustrations?
I prefer without since I like to imagine things myself, but I like to see the story in illustrations too.
- What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Please, no one hate me for this. When I first ever read Vampire Academy, I adored it and to an extent I still do. But then I came across The Covenant Novels by Jennifer L. Armentrout that has a similar storyline, but about greek mythology. And hands down, that’s brilliant!
- Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Unfortunately, I don’t have any funny stories from my childhood when it comes to books, because I never actually read as a child. Though I do remember my mom telling me that me and my Nanna used to read a certain book, to which I made up my own actions and commentary. (God help me!)
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Probably Daimon or Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Since they’re novellas.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. (My babies!)
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do! I write Shadowhunter fanfiction and have done since January 2014. Though I also have a novel idea in the works, and have been working on that for a few months now. I would love to be a author as a career or a publisher, so I can give someone else’s dreams wings.
- When did you get into reading?
Something not many people know, since everyone assumes I’ve been reading forever, but I started reading in the Summer of 2013. The first book that I ever picked up to read was City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, and it was the book that got me into reading. This book holds a special place in my heart, along with the rest of the entire series. No book series or author will ever top these stories, but I’m thankful for this series!
- What is your favorite classic book?
My favourite classic is Great Expectations, and not just because I had to read it a billion times in school. I really love the storyline and hidden messages throughout the writing, not to mention the characters are wonderful.
- In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Surprisingly yes, it was the one I got the highest mark on. And it’s only took me what… 6 years to realise that this is what I want to pursue my career in. Better late than never, eh?
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
This has happened before to me. I do one of two things;
1) If both copies were bought as gifts, I keep them both for sentimental reasons.
2) If one is what I bought and the other a gift, I keep the gifted one and pass along the other.
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Probably Vampire Academy & Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Any of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s series (Lux, Covenant, Dark Elements) or The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan.
- What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t actually have a Youtube Channel-well I do, but I never post videos up, I’m too shy-but in person I ramble off about books on tangents.
- What is your favorite word?
I have a ton of favourite words, but it’s always changing. At the moment it’s ‘Targaryen’, ‘Downworlder’ and ‘Purgatic’.
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Never been called a dork or dweeb, but I’ve been called a nerd and a bookworm!
- Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I am not choosing. Two of my favourite characters fall into both characters. Never make me choose between Simon Lewis and Mark Blackthorn!
- Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Really?! I’m not choosing again. I like shapeshifters in general, and angels because well… Nephilim!
- Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
I can finally choose! I would definitely choose Spirits over Werewolves because I really do have a strong spiritual side. Plus, they are written really well in stories too.
- Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires, hands down. I don’t think I like the idea of Zombies!
- Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I cannot choose. I love both, no matter how much suspense and tension forbidden love causes for me. It gives me heartache, but I love the drama that comes with love triangles. I am interested all round!
- AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
At the moment I am really enjoying my love stories. Especially New Adult books and contemporary-romances. But I will never turn down an action-packed love story!
So there is some things you probably didn’t know about me!
If you do this tag, leave your link in the comments below!