Reading Problems Tag!
This is a tag one of my favourite Booktubers, Katytastic, did a video about in November 2014. Since I’ve only just started my blog recently, I’m going to give it a go.
- You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
This always differs for me since it depends if I’m in a reading slump or not. If I am in a slump, I get drawn towards romance or New Adult books, because they pull me out of slumps at the drop of a hat. If I’m not in a slump, I try to stick to one specific series that I like, which 9 times out of 10 is The Mortal Instruments. (I have a habit of re-reading books instead of starting new ones.)
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It really depends on the book, as there are some I have fought tooth and nail to get through, but others I just give up. If it’s a book in the middle of the series, I force myself because usually it’s what I call a ‘bridge’ book, that sticks the series together. Yet sometimes if it’s a standalone and I don’t like it, I just give up.
- The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Honestly, no. I do those for fun and I am yet to finish a challenge I set myself. Maybe next year I’ll manage!
- The covers of a series you love Do. Not. Match. How do you cope?
I have an internal battle with myself, I seriously do not cope well with this. They have to match! If there is an option to get the cover that matches the rest of the series, I will buy it. BUT it depends on the series and how devoted to the series I am.
- Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Usually I tell all my unpopular opinions to my parabatai, Sophia. Even if she likes the book I don’t like, she listens to my ramblings and discussing how much I hate it. Though it’s very rare, as we usually like the same books.
- You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This has happened quite a lot, I’m mastering it! I usually just stick my face in the book or hide behind it, depending on how public the place is. Or I just bite on my lip and scratch my arm or palms to take my mind off it. I’m an emotional being!
- A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I was just talking about this the other day! Everytime this happens I always want to re-read the series first, but I get too excited about the new book. So most of the time I just wing it and hope that I remember enough to know where the story is heading!
- You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I can’t say no to people, I’m like Rupert Grint! When people ask (which is VERY rare) I usually just end up saying yes and giving out a lot of rules of how the book should come back.
- Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I’m in a reading slump at the moment, any tips people?! Usually I just watch a lot of TV and movies until I fall over some really good book, which is usually a romance or New Adult book. They are easiest to get me back into reading!
- There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
September is a fickety month for me when it comes to book buying, and so many came out this month. Usually I buy the ones I’m interested in, no questions asked, but sometimes, like this month, my parents or boyfriend get them for me as presents.
- After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Ahh! That can differ from book to book. Depending on the popularity of the book and how much I anticipating reading them, it can go up to a month waiting or more. Yet, some books I can read on the bounce, one after another. (Though I do have a shelf that has books on their that I bought almost two years ago and haven’t touched yet!)
Happy reading! If you do this tag, leave your link the comments below!