If you guys didn’t already know I am a HUGE Disney fan, I grew up with these movies and know them word for word! So I thought how best to celebrate my crazy-ass-fangirling for Disney by doing this tag!
This tag was originally created by a favourite booktuber of mine, Katytastic. The tag consists of 10 Disney questions in relation to books. I don’t think there is anything else to know, so here we go!
- The Little Mermaid – A character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water.”
I really enjoyed this book, and I really think that Mare Barrow is a fish out of water. Especially after what happens when she leaves the Stilts, and she has to come to terms with all of that.
- Cinderella – A character who goes through a major transformation.
I think that from the start of Half-Blood all the way through to Sentinel, Alexandria Andros develops dramatically to everything thrown in her path. Along with all of the plot twists that come her way!
- Snow White – A book with an eclectic cast of characters.
I really enjoyed this series, despite the slow parts that took a while to get through. I think the cast is diverse, from the different kind of characters and what qualities they hold.
- Sleeping Beauty – A book that put you to sleep.
The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith was definitely one to put me to sleep. I didn’t even finish this book because it bored me so much.
- The Lion King – A character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood.
I’m going with Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass because she goes through hell and back during this series. I’m only up to Heir of Fire, but they are so so good so far! Not to mention they had her as a slave! Not cool guys!
- Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful.
I couldn’t think of a big book that intimidated me, but this entire series did. I didn’t think I wanted to read it at first, but once I started, I couldn’t stop. It’s strangely beautiful and dark in its own way.
- Aladdin – A character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse.
I completely think that Delilah got her wish come true, for the majority of it being the best, but of course happy endings never come without a prince. So expect those mountains before you see the horizon!
- Mulan – A character who pretends to be someone or something they are not.
This was a hard one for me, so I have gone with Gwyneth Shepherd as at the start she doesn’t believe what she could possibly be. Yet when she comes to terms with the fact she can in fact Time Travel, she tries to fight it. At first, anyway.
- Toy Story – A book with characters you wish would come to life.
Hands down, I would love the characters from this book, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, to come to life!
- Disney Descendants – Your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character.
My favourite book villain has to be Sebastian Morgenstern, I am yet to meet a character I hated more than him. Even if in the end of City of Heavenly Fire made me sob!
My favourite Disney villain would have to be Maleficent.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with my choices? Let me know in the comments!