Hello again guys!
During my days away from the laptop, I took some time to catch up on reading as well as some of my favourite booktubers. One imparticular-my overall favourite actually-recently posted a video of the tag I will be doing in this post. Sasha, otherwise known as ABookUtopia on Youtube, did this tag (which can be found here) and it really caught my eye. So I thought why not?!
- Would you rather only do review posts or tag posts?
Don’t get me wrong I love doing both of these, each for their own reasons. When it comes to reviews, I love writing review posts because I like to get all my internal fangirling and thoughts out in one go. Not to mention, then it feels like someone else is actually listening to my rambling. Yet when it comes to doing tags, they are so much fun and you never know what to expect, so I’ll have to say tags!
- Would you rather always see the film first or never see the film version of books?
This was a hard one for me because without fail I have had the knack of seeing the film without reading the book first. Which in turn ruins the books for me because I like to see characters in my own minds-eye, instead of seeing them as the actors who portrayed them. Oh! I don’t like this one, it’s too hard! I’m going to be stubborn and just say I will watch the film, and just whine about seeing the actors!
- Would you rather have a list of every book you’ve ever read (like Goodreads from birth) or still have the physical copy of your first favorite book?
Easy. I would most definitely rather have the physical copy of my first favourite book. Especially since in turn, my first favourite book was the first book I ever read. It hasn’t changed, nor will anything ever take that spot. Bring on City of Bones!
- Would you rather have an active in-person book club of non-book bloggers or have lunch with your best book blogger buddies once a year?
I know friends are made everywhere and these are just two options on how they are made, but I would definitely choose the first option. I’d rather meet with all of my reader friends from all over the world in person regularly. Not that I wouldn’t want to do the other one though!
- Would you rather have the time to read everything you want to read or the money to buy everything you want to read?
Story of my life right here folks! This is hard because I have a HUGE habit for book buying, then forgetting to read them, which leads them to stack up… and up… and up. So I think I would rather have the time to read everything I want to read, because in the end you run out of time, just like you run out of money. It’s both a dead-end, in the end.
- Would you rather dream cast the film or have editing power over the script for the film version of your favorite book?
This is another hard one, because I love dreamcasting films, especially book adaptions. But at the same time, I’d like to have my say in editing my favourite book-to-movie-adaption. Choices, choices! I’d have to say dreamcasting, because then maybe if I mentioned it enough the producers might see!
- Would you rather have your favorite fictional superpower or your favorite fictional technology?
Okay, this is going to get technical! So technically Shadowhunters have their own unique type of TECHNOLOGY that aids them in their SUPERPOWER, to an extent. So I’m going to wing this and choose neither, because with Shadowhunters it’s one in the same!
- Would you rather read an amazing story with a ‘meh’ ending or a ‘meh’ story with a spectacular ending?
I’m a sucker for happy and spectacular endings, but I also love amazing stories! I think if I had to choose I’d pick the amazing story with the ‘meh’ ending, because then I go off on a tangent at the end and make up my own ending!
- Would you rather not be able to read in a moving vehicle or not be able to read lying down?
I would rather read in a moving vehicle if I’m honest, I can read lying down but it gets uncomfortable after a while for. I read at odd angles!
- Would you rather reread your favorite book or series with fresh eyes, like the first time, or be able to un-read your biggest disappointment?
No matter how many times I re-read The Shadowhunter Chronicles, it’s like the first time for me. It’s just that book series for me, they glow! So I would rather un-read my biggest disappointment; I’ve read a lot of those!
- Bonus Question: Would you rather go to Hogwarts or live in Middle Earth?
Come on, I may love Middle Earth but it will always be Hogwarts. (I’m part Slytherin, part Ravenclaw!)
My question for you: Would you rather only read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week? Let me know in the comments!